In the world of today, where barriers and borders between countries are no longer a hindrance to economic, cultural and social understanding, knowledge of a Modern Foreign Language (MFL) is becoming increasingly important.
By teaching Modern Foreign Languages in Bedlingtonshire Community High School, we aim to:
- Produce skilled language students who are more employable in today’s Job’s Market.
- Develop transferrable skills in our students so that they can use them in many areas of their lives.
- Give our students language learning skills that they can also use to learn other languages.
- Broaden the outlook of our students and help them to realise that the whole world is accessible to them.
- Help students become more aware of their own language, thus improving literacy across the curriculum.
- Help students accept and value people from backgrounds different from their own.
- Develop higher level social skills in our students.
Skills and approaches developed in MFL lessons
- Independent study
- Dictionary skills
- Pair work
- Group work
- Mock Interviews
- Decision –making
Ms J Thompson
Raising Achievement Leader
Mrs M Liddle